Fantastic Fest

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Bill Pullman coming to Fantastic Fest!

We just got confirmation that Bill Pullman will be coming to Fantastic Fest in support of two of his films in the 2008 Fantastic Fest lineup, YOUR NAME HERE and SURVEILLANCE.

YOUR NAME HERE, a late addition to the festival, is a surreal fantasia -- part grindhouse mutant and part arthouse object -- that imagines a day in the summer of 1974 when America's greatest science-fiction writer, William J. Frick (inspired by the public life of Philip K. Dick and portrayed by Bill Pullman) wakes up to discover he is living inside his own paranoid science fiction.

We're all fans of Bill Pullman up in the programming office and are really excited about this late breaking news. For me the fondness began with SPACEBALLS, for Henri, I feel safe to say it was NEWSIES. Anyway, film historians of the future will be calling 2008 the year of Bill Pullman with the one-two combination punch of these two outrageous movies. Mr. Pullman will introduce the films and be available to answer questions afterwards. One question that I hope is asked, what song is he going to sing at the Magnolia Karaoke Apocalypse afterparty.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM , Blogger Scott Weinberg said...

    Pullman! Been a fan since I first saw Ruthless People (yes, back in '86 and yes I was 15) and thought "Wow, this guy plays a great moron!" (Meant as a big compliment.) BP's been one of my favorite character actors ever since.

    Spaceballs, Singles, Malice, Last Seduction, Wyatt Earp, Independence Day, Lake Placid, Zero Effect, and Rick are among his best work, imo.

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'd like to add LOST HIGHWAY, and him being the best part of SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE to that list as well.

    Wow, I never really noticed before how much stuff Pullman has been a part of. I'd better make sure I've got these films on my schedule

     
  • At 6:51 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    At the karaoke contest he should sing bob dylans the weight or take a load off anniewhich they played during the scene in Igby goes down when Igby visits the man he thought was his father and he is in an insane asylum and does not recognize Igby. That is the best acting I have ever seen Bill Pullman do and I have seen most of his pictures

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home