Fantastic Fest

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fantastic Fest and Ain't It Cool News Present SPACED with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes

Join us at the Alamo Drafthouse at the Ritz for a SPACED Marathon. We'll show every Episode of the epochal British TV series with creator/director Edgar Wright and stars Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes live in person. You will also be able to purchase the SPACED DVD box set at the Ritz and have it signed by all.

Email spaced@fantasticfest.com if you'd like to attend. In your email please include your full name, the number of guests you will bring (up to 2), the guests names, the city where you live and whether or not you are a Fantastic Fest badgeholder. Fantastic Fest badgeholders will have the best odds of attending this event. Go buy that badge here now. Then RSVP. It's another of the many year round screening opportunities that Fantastic Fest badgeholders have.

Winners will be selected lottery style, without preference for the order in which the email is received. In order to be considered your email must arrive before 11:59 pm Sunday July 20. A list of the winners will appear on Monday July 21 at 2pm on the Fantastic Fest website and winners will be notified by email.

We anticipate that a small number of standby guests may make it in on the day of the show. We will do our best to fit in as many people as possible but based on the gigantic demand the number of likely standby attendees will be fewer than ten.

If you can't travel here or don't get selected, pick up the set anyway here. You'll be glad you did.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:28 PM , Blogger RedCat said...

    Looking for clarification ....

    This is listed as a "free" event. But thus far it seems that unless you are fortunate enough to get tickets from AICN or Fantastic Fest that you aren't going to get in. Is this the case?

    Also, it says that fewer than 10 standby guests will likely make it in - does that mean the first 10 people in line at the theater?

    How many people total are actually going to be able to attend the event? I guess I just want to know if there is any point in getting in line Friday or if I'm just setting myself up for heartbreak.

    Thanks!!!

     
  • At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    where is the list... sad and waiting.

     
  • At 2:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    :( i'm waiting too. I'm crying!!! Where is the list!!

     
  • At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    http://originalalamo.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 3:35 PM , Blogger Lars Nilsen said...

    Redcat, Based on the inevitable "flake factor" and the fact that sometimes expected plus ones don't make it, we anticipate a few standby seats becoming available. I added the number ten as kind of a guideline so we don't have people lined up around the block. It should be in the range of ten. Maybe five, maybe fifteen, but in that general range.

     
  • At 8:35 PM , Blogger Patrick Daly said...

    I am absolutely crushed. I have been looking forward to this event since the tour was announced earlier this month. I bought a non-refundable plane ticket, and booked a hotel and a rental car. Now I've just learned that there's almost no chance that I'll be able to get into the theatre. When AICN directed me to FantasticFest.com, I searched the site for anything relating to the Spaced Tour, and found nothing.

    I still don't quite understand how the lucky winners were chosen. It certainly seems that certain fans were favored over others. I can't buy a Fantastic Fest badge, because I won't be in town for that festival. Frankly, I don't understand the relation of Fantastic Fest to the Spaced Tour.

     
  • At 8:01 AM , Blogger RedCat said...

    I have to say I'm crushed as well. I've been so SO so excited about this event!! I took the following Monday off work and booked a hotel room only to find out that my chances of maybe getting in are slim to none. I'm only a few hours away from Austin, but still.

    I never imagined that in order to attend this awesome event I'd have to either prove to Harry at AICN what a HUGE fan I am or offer myself up to the mercy of a lottery (where my chances of being picked seemed to increase significantly if I spent money on a Fantastic Fest badge).

    I guess if I lived in Austin I'd feel a bit differently about it. If that was the case then heading downtown and waiting around only to NOT get in wouldn't be such a big deal - mainly because I wouldn't have used a tank of gas there and back doing it.

    So yeah, I'm totally heartbroken. It would have been nice if they had made a batch of tickets available for sale to the public - at least then those of us that didn't get picked by Harry or in the Fantastic Fest lottery could have had a shot.

    At this point I'm still debating if I am going to try and head up to Austin. The FanGirl part of me really wants to but then the practical part of me chimes in muttering things about money and what not, so I'm torn.

    *sad face*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home